Strength And Assurance
Heather McNew Carter
Heather McNew Carter is a Greenville native who joined the firm full time in 2019 after moving home from out of state. She represents a large range of clients with an emphasis on family law, real estate transactions, and municipal government. Heather is licensed to practice law in Texas, Arkansas, and Georgia.
Prior to joining Scott, Ray, Pemberton & Goll, PLLC, Heather was an attorney with Arnall, Golden, Gregory LLP in Atlanta, Georgia, where she focused on commercial real estate transactions and assisted large corporate clients, such as Costco and Target, with the acquisition, financing, development, disposition, and leasing of real estate projects. While at AGG, Heather co-authored and published an industry article related to title endorsements.
Heather received her Juris Doctorate from Vanderbilt Law School in Nashville, Tennessee, where she was a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, an Obiter Dictim Author and a VULS Student Ambassador. She received her undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University, where she served on her sorority's standards board, was a member of the university debate squad, and participated in the university fiddle program.
Heather currently lives in Caddo Mills with her three children, Griffin, Mary Clay, and Eliza.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2002
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: Communication Studies with a concentration in English.
- Hunt County
- City of Greenville
- Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, Attorney, 2002 to 2009
- Title Endorsements: An Overview, AGG Authority on Real Estate, 2004
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Phi
- American Bar Association, Present
- State Bar of Texas, Present
- State Bar of Arkansas, Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Present
Current Employment Position
- Representation of Local Governments
- Family Law
- Real Estate Transactions
- Civil Litigation
- Texas, 2019
- Arkansas, 2011
- Georgia, 2002